My school trip to Sardinia

Monday, June 15, 2015

Hello!
If you read my previous post (it's a Saturday Summary one), you will know that in March I went on a school trip to Sardinia. I stayed there for almost 5 days of pure fun. Here's a little summary of my journey through pictures. Hope you'll enjoy.

To reach the beautiful island of Sardinia, we wanted to take a ship we stayed the whole night in. Because we didn't have cabins, we were supposed to sleep in the most uncomfortable seats ever - I must admit it was the worst night of my entire life. However, before bedtime, myself and my friends decided to play card games, yet I always lost :(.


I am the one with bright, yellow trousers and blue jumper. Both are from Zara!
p.s. The redness under my nose was due to the cold I had - how awkward was that?!
Card games :)


 The following day, as soon as we arrived, we visited so many cool places that had been on my "Bucklet List" for long. 
The sea was in fact amazing - as I don't use to live near the beach, but I just go swimming in summer, I had really missed it.
                            



 Although the weather wasn't the best, the sea was still looking great, wasn't it.

 My and my school mates visited astonishing archaeological sites - I love History, therefore when we were told we'd be going to do it I got rather excited.

Indeed, I was so astonished people many years ago managed to build little villages, with houses, street markets, water mains and even thermal baths. But what amazed me the most were the beautiful landscapes amongst those archaeological sites. I had visited sites before, but I feel like these ones in Sardinia have something more, something special, something I couldn't stop admiring - maybe it was the sea surrounding them that made the atmosphere almost magical.


 
                                   
  What I reckon it's the best thing throughout a trip, especially a school one, is that you can share a hotel room  with some friends, stay up all night telling scary stories or just chatting. 
Our hotel wasn't the best, I must admit,  and I shared a room with other 6 class mates of mine, even though the room wasn't the biggest. Our expectation, before leaving for Sardinia, was to have some sort of "party" at night and then fall asleep very late - we actually ended up falling asleep at 10pm as we were too tired, to be honest haha. :)
We also went to visit a splendid national park which reminded me of "Out of the woods"- perhaps I'm too obsessed with Tay Tay and all her songs, who knows.
Don't these photographs make you feel like you are either on the set of "Out of the woods" music video or shooting a horror movie?
    
  
We spotted an unbroken horse too - to be fair, loads of them.



Alongside its sea, history and beautiful places, Sardinia is famous for the "Nuraghi" - they in fact dot the Sardinian landscapes. Those of you who are not a lot interested in Italian History or just have never been to Sardinia - which I highly recommend - might not have a clue of what this word stands for.
A nuraghe is actually a monumental tower made of stones developed throughout the Nuragic Age (between 1900 and 730 BC), perhaps used for passive defence.  During this school trip, I visited the Barumini archaeological sites, whose Nuraghi were built around 3500 years ago, as I was told.

    

    
  

As you probably realised whist reading this blog post, I enjoyed this trip so much I'm trying to persuade my parents to spend our summer holiday in this beautiful, gorgeous, exciting, surprising island I had never been to before. Not only is it full of wonderful parks and cities, but it also has amazing historical places to visit. If you're planning on going to Italy, then I'd suggest you to check it out or if you leave in Sardinia, then YOU ARE SO LUCKY.


Bye Bye,
Serena xxx.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe