The Dream City of Brighton & Hove.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Hello guys! I hope you are all spending the rest of your summer holiday with such joy and fun. Because I know I've spent it in that way so far. Let me tell - and show - you why.... :)













For some of you - or the majority of you - this might not sound cool whatsoever. But, I swear, it means the WHOLE WORLD to me.
As you may or may not get by the pictures, I went to Brighton and spend two weeks of my holidays there, with amazing people, visited plenty of wonderful places, and made crazy memories I will NEVER forget.
I had planned my trip to Brighton for a while and kept it as a secret for a very long time.
Then July 5th came - the day I left for the UK - and I freaked out. Don't get me wrong, I was on the highest level of happiness - the highest one's happiness could get - but I was heading to a whole different place, a foreign country, without people I could possibly feel at ease or safe with, such as my parents or my closest friends. Don't panic, my parents weren't planning on abandoning me in the UK and leaving me there for the rest of my life - although I'd kind of enjoy it some way. I was just going on a language camp :).

Spending two weeks having fun throughout this AMAZING camp implied that I experienced some things for the first time ever.
  1. I travelled on a plane on my own, which is not the best, being such a nervous flyer myself;
  2. Not only that, but it was only my second time travelling on a plane - which makes the previous point even worse,  doesn't it?
  3. During this whole experience, nobody I previously knew was there, but luckily enough I met a lot of peeps there;
  4. I went to a night club in Brighton - that is the craziest thing out of all these "first times", as I am NOT a disco-kind-of-person at all. Haha;
  5. As said in the third point, I had the honour to meet people from all around the world I quickly became friends with - about them I'll talk in detail later on this post ;);
  6. I had never been to the UK before.
A while ago I set myself a goal, as I thought my life wasn't going the direction I wanted it to go. I'd decided to say yes. To JUST SAY YES to a lot of things I wouldn't normally nod to, despite how much I wanted to do them. I was rather scared of going to Brighton on my own, taking a plane by myself, having to speak in a foreign country 24/7. I thought I wasn't good and brave enough.
 But that was what I wanted to do therefore, in spite of my fears, I said yes. I really recommend you guys to do the same, because the joy that comes after it is priceless. I think that saying yes to more things brings many more opportunities and I will be forever grateful to a little girl named Zoe Sugg for making me open my eyes and push me to do more.
"Just say yes. Just say there's nothing holding you back"
There was nothing holding me back, indeed.

Visiting Brighton had been a dream of mine for almost a year, so I'm sure you can picture in your mind my excitement the second I got there and throughout my whole stay.
 Before going to the UK, I would always say how much I loved Brighton, without even stepping my foot in it and knowing how amazing this city ACTUALLY is. I find it difficult to tell you what exactly made me appreciate it so much. I will say nothing in particular, but the altogether makes such a magical atmosphere in Brighton. I even liked the weather - it was pretty much always cloudy or rainy, but who cares, really?
To the contrary, what I do know is that nothing seemed unpleasant to me. Every corner has its special features and deserves to be captured in a picture. Because this is exactly how I felt whilst I was in Brighton: I was ALWAYS stopping and taking a picture of something, whether that was The Brighton Pier or just a stranger's house with a nice architecture - by the way, I'd also like to say a huge sorry to all the people I was strolling with who had to stop every 5 seconds to wait for me to take a photo. I am really sorry guys if I bothered you - I am sure I did. haha.



I would also like to mention that I cherished this experience not just because of the beauty of Brighton, but also due to the amazing people I met, as I mentioned some lines above.
 Marta, Maud & Nora were my roommates I split in two with each time we were too tired we ended up being crazy and weird - and when I say "weird", I mean behaving like we were completely drunk or high ( we definitely weren't). I also have Aga & Ala to thank, because they are the most adorable and cutest twins I have had the chance to become friends with so far. Moreover, thank you Carmen for always keeping a grin on my face.
 Now that I am back home, I can't help thinking about how much we enjoyed ourselves and how much I miss them. I know for sure that we will meet and hug at some point again. 
Here you have some pictures of me & my new international friends. ;)

The one on the left is me and the one on the right is Carmen. We were strolling near the beach huts and wanted to take a selfie - despite the wind in the eyes. Sorry about my face, blame the wind. 
Celebrating Carmen's 18th in a very cool cafe in Brighton. From left to right: Ivana, Ala, The Birthday Girl, Aga, Me & Marta. 
 A Polaroid picture from our trip to the Devil's Dyke.
This picture was taken that evening we had dinner at Nando's for the fourth time in a row . oops 
Class Picture
London Fun!
Selfie with Marta :) 
Other selfies with Marta. She likes her selfies haha
Proper English tea party with Marta, Ala & Aga.
Me & the gorgeous Maud

Furthermore, if you recognized some familiar faces among the first pictures, then YES, I did meet Felix and Marzia, or Pewdiepie & Cutiepie. Let me just tell you that is one of the most precious pictures I have ever taken - you can kind of get why, can't you?
Marzia and Felix are actually the nicest guys and   seemed super polite and friendly. I won't write about how excited and surprised I was feeling when I stumbled across them in a car park, because that would genuinely be pages long and make me get off the point of this Brighton blog post. I could write another post about the youtubers I've met this year so far,  if you are interested, and talk about my experiences.


To sum this whole blog post up, Brighton is the nicest city and I've never felt more at home than there.

What about you? Have you done something special you never though you would do during this summer or in your life? Or, have you ever been to Brighton and did you enjoy it?


I'll talk to you in my next post. Thanks for reading.

Serena, xxxx.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe