My Simple Skincare Routine

Thursday, August 04, 2016

There's nothing better than having a good skincare routine that you, and most importantly your skin, like. Through the years, I have been struggling to find the perfect products that didn't have a bad effect on my very young skin. I tried every brand, from high end to very inexpensive, but nothing seemed to work - my skin just got spottier and worse. 

In fact, if I was to give my younger self - and any of you reading - a piece of advice, that would 100% be don't stress too much with your skin at a very young age. Don't even try to apply your mother's anti-ageing moisturizer because that is not a good idea (I know I've done that). NEVER. 
Our skin is something so precious that we were gifted to have, therefore we need to learn to treat it as it deserves to be treated. However, sometimes that's not easy and it will probably take us months or years to find holy grail products that our skin adores - but it's worth waiting and your face will never thank you enough. 

As I said, I took me a lot of time to find the right things that are able to take good care of my skin and the brand that I would suggest any young teenager is definitely SIMPLE. I discovered it last year when I was staying in Brighton. I had heard of it before and wanted to try it and I could finally get hold of it during my stay there, when I had ran out of my makeup remover. I popped into Boots and found these mini-sized moisturizer, makeup remover and wash gel that seemed just perfect to carry with me whilst travelling. They are also under 50 ml, so they can very easly be put in your hand luggage when flying. 


My skincare routine currently consists in a very gentle makeup remover, after which I then wash my face with either the moisturizing facial wash or the refreshing wash gel. For nourishing my skin, I apply some of the replenishing rich moisturizer and then dump a cotton pad with some drops of tonic and gently massage my face. 



4 or 5 times a week I also scrub my face with the smoothing facial scrub and twice a week I will normally pamper my skin with the deep cleansing face mask. They all leave my skin feeling rather soft and cleansed. 


I repeat my skincare routine both in the morning and in the evening, before going to bed. I've had this for a while and my skin not only feels generally better and more nourished, but also less spottier. 


Obviously, bare in mind that these skincare products work very well for me but these are all my personal opinions. What I find fantastic some people might judge awful! 



ITEMS MENTIONED & SHOWN:



Thank you for reading this post, I hope you find it interesting and usefull! I decided to talk about SIMPLE only as it's a brand that I really trust and love. I wasn't sponsored or asked to do it, all opinions are my own! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe