A little getaway.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Ahh, it feels so strange to come back to my spot of the Internet. I haven't blogged in what seems forever and haven't been spending much time online either. As always, I would LOVE to have the best, coolest excuses ever, like "guys, I have been travelling to wonderful, breath-taking places and didn't have time to be constant on my blog". But we'd all know this is lies. What I have been doing 24/7 is school stuff, then tests, then exams, then just random, real life crap happened and now here we go again with me complaining about how sad and sorry I am. 

This is so weird and I hope I'm still able to write... . 

If you are/were a student, you will know how amazing and fun the jolly month of May is - I smell a lot of irony here. 
May should be the best month of the whole year, when all you want to do is make sure you're making the most of school and spending time with your school friends you won't probably be seeing that often during the Summer break. May is the last month of school, therefore everybody should be happy that the school term is about to be over. In reality, this is not how my May's have been for the past three years. Instead, every day of the month includes anxiety, exams and tests. Every weekend implies me staying at home revising for the exams of the week. 
This might not be every student's situation throughout May, but I'm sure we can all agree there are some moments of the year that are more stressful than others. 
Now, after a busy, stress-packed May, a more relaxing June came. Which was just what I needed. 

A week ago, I came home after the best, most fun 6 days spent with 8 friends of mine in the mountains. It was extremely nice to de-stress and get some fresh air far away from the city. We stayed at my friend's house and had the best time. 
Every morning we would wake up quite early and have breakfast outside in the garden, then head off for a morning walk. One day, we even spotted some fawns - definitely something you are not used to in the city. The landscapes were utterly breath taking and I wish we stayed more! 




















By lunch, we would come home and cook some food.




In the afternoon, we normally chilled out at home watching films, playing card games, doing each other's makeup, reading books, having ice creams, taking pictures or going for a wander. 
Moreover, at night, we wrote songs, played card games again, watched films or just gossiped until 4 am, as one does.








What I liked the most about these few days is that there was no Internet connection or Wifi, which can sound like a total nightmare for some 17 year-old teens, but it's definitely not. We were in the middle of nowhere and the little village was mainly composed by inhabited properties: this sounds freedom to me! And who cares if we weren't able to check our WhatsApp texts, tweet and post things on Facebook! Instead, we were allowed to escape from our normal life and think about nothing other than relaxing for a few days. I feel like it was just what we needed after long, hard, frustrating school year. 
















P.S. These snaps were all taken with my new Canon 750d, if you were wondering! I got it two weeks ago and I absolutely adore it. I was so excited to have it that i could have not taken it with me on this little adventure. I still need to figure out how it actually works and play with it a little bit more, but so far I do LOVE it! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe